Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Patio....

I really needed to get working on the patio, so I unplugged from all social media for a day, hit the gym and then went at it! First stop, Target! Love, love, love Target. I already had put down some "Astro Turf" (showing my age!) and I bought a great electric George Foreman grill. Trying to play within the apartment complex's rules, since I love this place!

$18 rug from Home Depot!



At Target I found two great red chairs that are pretty comfortable, $25 each and a table for $20. On the table is a solar powered lantern that if it works I plan to hang and add a couple more. Not sure since the patio does not get direct sun. We'll see. I think it came out pretty well! I bought two long window planters that I'm going to hang from the balcony railing once I decide what I can grow......:O)





I also found a much cheaper Ikea TV stand I really like on Craigslist, $45, already put together:



This one is lower, which lowers the TV to the perfect viewing level. And it's a darker wood tone, that matches better, my older one was too modern looking. 

So, only the kitchen really left, it does not need much, just some art, maybe some baskets and fake greenery on top of the cabinets.

Oh who am I kidding? I don't think I'll ever be "done" with it. But I am having a ball doing this! My living room is better than any sports bar, and each area of my place has it's own feel and reflects a different facet of who I am. I think that is what a home should do!