Tuesday, August 27, 2013

6 Months and change....

My newest ride - a 2011 Litespeed Archon C3 Ultegra road bike.



So much has happened in the last 6 months...and change is the key word. I can't believe how much my life has changed! Rebecca and I are settled into the house and so happy we bought it. I still pinch myself daily when I drive up to it, or drive away from it. I used to walk - and jog - through this neighborhood (Avery Ranch) and think I could never live here. And now I own a home here. Well, the bank owns a home they let me live in - you know the drill.

I'm under 200 lbs for the first time since 2011, and I really feel good about that! I have a pretty busy workout acumen I follow, albeit a very flexible one. I'm riding every Saturday I can with my old cycling club, the Georgetown Cyclopaths, what a thrill it is to be back with this great bunch of guys. I run 7 miles every Monday morning at Brushy Creek Lake Park, another of my favorite workouts. I don't focus on speed, and often do not wear my Garmin. I'm still very active at Lifetime, and I get there for workouts at least 2-3 times a week. Weights (not a lot!); elliptical, a one hour run on the treadmill. Good cross training, and I also do the occasional spin class.

Work is really, really good now. Since my move to another internal Oracle team, I'm much more productive and happy. Much more work, and more hours, but I do get overtime and that's always good. Rebecca is staying super busy too, with piano lessons (she teaches 17 students currently!) and working on a new business venture with a high school classmate.

More soon, I think I have a lot to say again and need to re-fire the writing bug...:O)