Sunday, January 15, 2012

Last word on "The Calf"....I hope!

Soon there will be 4 pieces!! 


I ran a very hilly 12.2 miles with my Austin Fit group yesterday!! Woot!! What a great day to run, sunny, no wind and COLD! I got to wear my Nike running tights and I think they are the best purchase next to my shoes I ever made! Could have run in shorts but it would have taken longer to warm up!
We did a route down Scenic Drive, and in the area of the Run 4 the Water course where I injured the calf to begin with. What sweet revenge! I ran hard up all the hills, including the stairs at Congress Ave on the way back to TxDot where we meet. I felt strong at the end, and had a good sprint with another lady in the group. We were running 8:30 at the last 1/2 mile....:O)

I do have a nagging pain in my left achilles tendon, but hey it's always something right? Could be related to the calf...I'm increasing the Trigger Point exercises and we'll see how it is Weds. Dr Wagenblast has a free injury diagnosis clinic that I can always go to if I think I need it. For now, ice and ibuprofen really helps.

So two weeks until 3M and I think I'm right where I want to be pace wise. I've been running the long Saturday runs with the 11 min/mile group and I feel I'm really holding back, so that's good. I will start with them at 3M and evaluate at about 3-4 mile point. I'm guessing I will move it up to 10:30 at least....I know the pacer and she is excellent!

Megs and I went out to Dennis' place and I helped him get some more siding on, today I wimped and am taking care of this sore Achilles....later we will head out there to watch the Texans. Boring for her, but important to live my life and take her along I think. We can't shop as much as we usually do as I am buckling down some on my finances. We are eating only at home and so far, so good! Cooked Cindy's cheesy potatoes and baked Cod last night, yum!