Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Post race blues and 3M is 45 days out!


I have the inevitable post race blues, and what a lousy time to get them. I think some of this is really holiday induced, and I do my best to fight that. But the truth is since Mom died it has never been the same, and the divorce did nothing to make it any better obviously. I'll do my best to make it a happier one for Megan, and hopefully just looking at the above race profile for the 3M half on Jan 29th will help! Gotta love a course like this, even if I cannot get anywhere NEAR the times I posted in the last two times I ran it (both 1:55 and change). They also have one sweet medal waiting for me at the finish line. With my calf really feeling fantastic considering it's only 3 days since my race, I'm happy about the progress I'm making. I may run a little tonight on the treadmill. I did a great workout Monday night after my Trigger Point Massage/stretching class at Hill Country Running. An hour on the elliptical and 30 min on the stationary bike felt so good. 

Tonight Megs and I are going to see "The Sitter". I could seriously use some laughs right about now!