Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 almost in the rear view mirror....

A very eventful year for me!


  • Finalized divorce
  • Vacationed in Maine with dear high school friends and skied at Sunday River
  • Did some intense psychotherapy
  • Bought a new black 2011 Kia Sorrento 
  • Cycled my ass off. Well, I wish. Still there. Won the LifeTime Club Cycling Challenge for Austin with 1000 miles ridden during the Tour!
  • Rode the Hotter 'N Hell 30th anniversary 100 mile ride in record heat - 109 deg!
  • Sent Megs on trip of a lifetime to Paris
  • Renewed my love affair - with running! Ran Decker Challenge Half Marathon as part of the Austin Distance Challenge, a series of 5 races...a 10K (check); 10 miler (check) and three Half Marathons - 2 left to run in 2012!
  • Joined Austin Fit to do Saturday long runs with a group and attempt to be more social
  • Helped my friends roof their house over the summer
  • Volunteered as water stop captain for the Austin Fit marathon group twice
  • Climbed Enchanted Rock with Megs
These were just some of the high points for me. Survived a company wide restructuring and a move to a new group, a challenge in itself. My overall goals were met - to improve myself emotionally, spiritually and physically....and to become more social!

On to 2012!