Friday, October 28, 2011

Running Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K!!!



Wow, am I ever LATE signing up for this. I've done this several years before and I'm really excited about it for so many reasons. Several co-workers that ran the IBM 10K a few weeks back with me are also signed up to run, and I know from experience it's a large race, and an emotional one. This year I'm running to show my support having watched Megan's mom deal with her breast cancer just last year.

It's a horrible disease and something I really do hope they find a cure for. I pray my daughter never has to go through this like her mom (Sheree) did.

Having lost my own mother to cancer in 2001 (colon), doing what I can in a tangible way to help people in our own community as well as others is important to me. It's a sad fact this disease touches someone almost all of us know personally.

If you should read this and want to donate, click here. As they say, better late than never!