Thursday, February 16, 2012

Awesome new ear buds for just $18!

Damn these rock!


Thank you sir, I'll have another! Tonight I trekked to the local Wally World and was all set to buy another pair of my favorite $40 (+tax!) Sony ear buds. The ones I buy always crap out on one ear and last about 3-4 months at best. I use them a lot, both at the gym and while running. They had great bass and never fell out, two absolute must-have traits for ear buds, in my book. They also came with a nice short extension cable, so I could use them and set my iPhone or iPad on the elliptical/treadmill and not have any reach issues. And of course they were sold out of them. I "settled" for the above iFrogz Luxe ear-buds with built in mic, and all I can say after my test run with them was WOW!!! I did an hour on the elliptical, an hour on the spin bike at my LifeTime Fitness, and not a single issue. They never slipped out at ALL, had SUPER bass and great all around sound - just as good as the more expensive Sony's. And at $18 tax included (Walmart), I think it was a great investment - just in time for Sunday's Half Marathon!! I'll update with longevity issues if there are any, but I think these are really solid, cables seem strong, they are super comfortable, in short a great buy. I love the mic control too, a simple way to pause music finally on my iPod shuffle or iPhone! Oh, and they come in quite a few different colors, but I went with the simple black ones to match my iPhone. Of course.