Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One of my favorite movies..."The Nines"

I love this movie - it's quirky, mind-bending, suspenseful, you name it. The original posters headline Ryan Reynolds and Hope Davis, and both do excellent jobs with their roles...but it's Melissa McCarthy that steals every scene she is in. I think she's simply beautiful:


She's well known for her funnier roles, she kills it in "Life As We Know It"; but here she shows her true range. Watch the scene (it streams on Netflix currently) where she tells Reynolds what she really thinks of him. It's a shame that Hollywood hasn't done more with her. 

On the running front, I ran a really fantastic 7 mile loop yesterday at Town Lake - from Austin High to the I35 frontage and back via Riverside Drive and the trail. It was such a beautiful day to run, one of those warm days we get right before a cold front hits - and hit it has! I've learned to watch for these days, because once the cold front hits, so long to warm outdoor running! Me, I love running in the cold but a warm sunny day can't really be beat.