Tuesday, February 28, 2012

a 10 K should be easy, uh, right?



So I dove in and registered for the Cap 10K today - I have some friends here at work that are running it too and I love hills!  I was reading my results from previous races on this cool site:

http://athlinks.com/racer/106648682

Click on "See all 37 races" and you can see what I once was able to run - it blows my mind that I always thought I was slow!! Running a 10K in 48:10 on a hilly course is NOT slow! Flat out impossible at this point, but I really am cool with that. I distinctly remember the Cap 10K I ran the same year - I was still under an hour despite having to veer off course and using a porta potty!!!

My running these days is much, much more fun and although I am getting faster through sheer repetition, I don't really have any time goals in mind. I'd really like to come in under an hour but with the huge hill on this course I really don't see it happening! So my #1 goal is to have fun and encourage the guys I am running with. We should have good weather, this race will be huge with the crowds! It's an annual Springtime rite of passage in Austin!