Thursday, February 2, 2012

Movie night with Megs...

My fear of heights got a workout on this one!


One of the things Megan and I share a passion for is movies. It's something we have always done, from Barney VCR (remember those?) videos and Beauty and the Beast to "R" rated movies we both sometimes squirm watching with each other but love nonetheless. We've always enjoyed the experience, and these days we even do it in a more healthy manner! We've found that eating BEFORE we go saves us from going overboard on movie junk food. Cheaper too!

We headed to Lakeline Mall last night so I could get a new (black) case for my iPod and a screen cover. I knew my girl needed some new jeans so we stopped in American Eagle and she found some great ones. We found her a couple of cute tops too. Yep, shopping with her has to be way up on the list of fun things to do. She will even let me help pick things out sometimes! Whenever I work overtime, it's often so I can help give her the extra things that support does not cover. She is the most grateful child - er, almost woman I know. She has never been a want, want girl - I have had to work hard to spoil her. She's worth it all, it's only $ after all. The real value is the time we spend together, it's all good. Even when it's not, lol.

We saw "Man on a Ledge" last night...surprisingly good, very edge of the seat stuff. And hey, Genesis Rodriguez ain't bad either:

Would not kick out of bed for eating crackers.


Rest day for me, so no workout. Tonight I will get a good 5 miles minimum. The next two runs with Austin Fit on Saturday mornings are 5.5 and then 7.5 miles...and the following Sunday is the Austin Half Marathon. I'm so excited about this one! The days to train are flying by, and I'm doing some super cardio cross-training workouts at LifeTime. I have all my new music on my iPhone and can't wait to run with it tonight!!!