Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crash and Burn

This guy is happier than I am right now.



I can't even put into words how bummed I am. One mile in and the calf got tight. I ran on and finished the 8.44 miles, alternating between pain and tightness all the way. I can barely walk, so it's back to square one. This was one tough run, the group decided to run the hills to St. Edwards first, then the loop over the Pfluger pedestrian bridge and back to the start at Txdot. Total time was about 1:34, so the overall pace was slower than our 10:30 norm. Thank God. I kept thinking, if I was not in this damn pain, I could SO nail a half marathon right now. But that is not reality, the reality is I could not have made 10 miles today.

While I have faith the A.R.T. sessions can get me back to some semblance of normal, I think I will have to really let this fucker (sorry I need to get that out) of a calf completely heal before I even THINK about running the Decker Challenge. That's on Dec 11th. With those hills, I'm not even going to pre-register until I KNOW I can run the course I just did without pain. Cause Decker is much, much worse.

The Distance Challenge is also at risk, but my health has to come first. Any thought of running the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K tomorrow is out of the question. I barely made it up the 3 flights of stairs to my Cave.

Let the sulking begin.