Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hope springs eternal....


I honestly can't believe the difference a day has made in my calf issue. I was able to do an hour on the elliptical ( slower and less resistance than I normally use!)  with no pain. There is some soreness, and it still hurts somewhat to walk, but I can actually walk normally. Pushing off was impossible just yesterday morning. I'm doing the stretching exercises but I have to admit this - there is nothing I hate more than stretching exercises. BORRIIIINNNNGGGGG!

I also talked to the director of AustinFit (Jennifer Harney) and asked her for a recommendation of a sports rehab Dr that is North. She advised me to see Dr. Wagenblast at Active Sports Therapy Rehabilitation in Round Rock. I need to follow my gut instinct on this one. I did not like the clinic I went to on Monday - they felt more like a gym than a clinic, and they are closely tied into the whole Crossfit thing. It's just not for me. I did not feel they were truly listening to me, and my gut told me it was not a good fit. If there is one thing I have learned over the last several years, it's that I need to follow my gut instincts more. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I trust Jenn to not steer me wrong. She oversees a training program designed by runners, FOR runners, that is operated and trained by runners. I've been nothing but impressed with her whole operation, so I think it's a safe bet she probably knows what she is talking about. Good to know they also take my insurance. I will probably get popped for a missed appt with Dr Tillman but so be it. 

Update - Dr Tillman called to follow up and see why I was cancelling my appt. He was certainly friendly enough, so that was cool. I did feel amazed that I can actually be assertive enough today to make a decision and stick by it, in the past I would have stayed unhappy and gone to the same Dr anyway. Makes me feel all Big Boy today!